Ambitious young executives and entrepreneurs are matched with today’s leaders in Hong Kong of various industries, including financial, legal, construction, government, and education.
Regarded as the flagship programme of the Australian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong & Macau, over 100 mentees and mentors have experienced the depth and breadth of the AustCham Mentoring programme since 2013.
The unique advantage of the AustCham Mentoring programme is the invitation of graduates to participate in an alumni cohort focused on continued professional development and growth of leadership skills for use as future AustCham mentors.
• Build character
• Strengthen leadership skills
• Create a network of support for mentees and mentors
• Positively influence the business and social community of Hong Kong
Mentors and mentees are paired using a “speed match” event as the foundation to determine professional compatibility. Utilising participants’ professions, interests and needs, final matches are made. Pairs are encouraged to meet at least once a month for the duration of the programme; although face-to-face is preferred, use of technology is encouraged if necessary.
Lunch/Dinner & Learn Series: Participants attend workshops devoted to topics of immediate interest to the group. Speakers are recruited from the diverse Hong Kong business community.
Informal Social & Networking Events:
• Mentees kick off the programme year with a relaxed, informal social at a local pub.
• The Mentor programme hosts the August Mix at Six each year, providing an opportunity for all Chamber members to learn more about the programme and its’ participants.
• The Young Executive Committee provides ongoing social/networking opportunities for mentees such as wine tastings and junk trips.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Mentors and mentees are encouraged to participate in two or three meaningful volunteer opportunities as organised by the Mentoring Programme throughout the programme year.
Applications are now open for the 2016 Mentor programme.
Mentor application form
Mentee application form
Thanks for taking the time to register your interest for this programme. However, due to the large number of high caliber protege applications, we will be closing the process on Friday 10th June.
For more information, contact AustCham Mentoring Programme Managers,
Tanya Menzel - Tanya@speak-asia.com and Liz West - Liz@speak-asia.com